Saturday, February 28, 2009

Scouts ’75-’76 Media Guide

I picked up a Scouts media guide for the ’75-’76 season on eBay recently. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised to find plenty of pictures inside (all black & white except for the cover). 16 players get a two-page spread that includes a bio, career stats and a full-page picture. Here are a few highlights:


Wilf Paiement scores first Scouts goal in Kemper


Recap of 1974-’75 season


Denis Herron


Bep Guidolin


Ed Gilbert and his white-guy ’fro


Guy Charron (pursued by Stan Mikita)


Gary Bergman shanks a slapper while wearing the international men’s room symbol on his helmet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out Ebay for one of these. Will have to make my way through all the homemade jerseys though, you need a machete to get through all those.

Aaron Stilley said...

Thanks for checking in, Mr. Pun!

I managed to snag my media guide for just $8.50 including shipping. That's far and away the cheapest I've seen one go for...I see five listed right now, ranging from $18 to an absurd $49.

Anonymous said...

I saw one on Ebay earlier for $45. No way I'd ever pay that much.

I wish Mitchell and Ness still were making the jerseys, never got my hands on one. Hopefully they'll start another production soon.